We’re currently seeking an experienced Collections Specialist with medical experience to join our medical practice. The individual must possess strong communication skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task and work well independently, as well as team environment.
The job tasks will include but not limited to the following:
- Arrange for debt repayment or establish repayment schedules.
- Locate and notify customers of delinquent accounts by mail or telephone.
- Advise customers of necessary actions and strategies for debt repayment.
- Persuade customers to pay amounts due on credit accounts and damage claims.
- Confer with customers by telephone or mail to determine reasons for overdue payments and to review the terms of service or insurance coverage.
- Locate and monitor overdue accounts, using computers and a variety of automated systems.
- Answer customer questions regarding problems with their accounts.
- Record information about financial status of customers and status of collection efforts.
- Trace delinquent customers to new addresses by inquiring additional information.
- Sort and file correspondence, and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as answering correspondence and other tasks as assign by billing supervisor.
- Previous experience, medical background a plus
- Goal oriented and organize
- Team player and customer service oriented
- Knowledge of EMR’s and medical billing