This role is responsible for meeting, assessing, and diagnosing patients in our clinic and providing them with healthcare services that meet state and national standards for caregiving. The individual is also responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate medication, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life.
- Work with the primary health team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients.
- Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patient to specialist when appropriate and called for.
- Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
- Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regiments to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
- Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up to date before prescribing medication/treatment.
- Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
- Demonstrate excellent communication, interpersonal skills and bedside manners.
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
Supervision and Responsibilities
- Manage and oversee physicians and extenders in Broward County.
- Host monthly meetings with managers from other counties to provide plan of actions for any concerns or clinical changes.
- Oversee all Humana home physician patient visits and managed care in Broward.
- Responsible for concierge at home visits in Broward and Dade.
- Flexible schedule accommodations for new managed care patients with oversight and supervision over all physician extenders in Pembroke Pines location.
- Help increase physician extenders patient base in Pembroke Pines.
- Create and implement a quarterly course in the LMS to help expand physician’s knowledge or clinical skills.
- Attend one monthly community event for Elite Health Group and get involve in brand recognition in the Broward communities.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Communication – The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand; Talking to others to convey information effectively and using professional language
- Coordination – Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks and responsibilities based on the needs of the operation
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Management of Personnel Resources – Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Monitoring – Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action
- Conflict Resolution – Bringing others together and try to reconcile differences (defusing not igniting situations)
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Problem Sensitivity and Resolution – The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong, and proactively identifying the root cause to ensure problem does not come to fruition
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Minimum education and experience:
- D.O or MD degree from an accredited US medical school
- Board certification in primary care or related field
- Current State Medical Practitioner License
- Bilingual, a plus but not required
- Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration
- Strong knowledge of managed care and value-based practice
- Team player
- Compassionate and Caring