We’re currently seeking a friendly and experienced Medical Assistant Floater to join our team in North Bay Village, FL.
Primary Job Function
Perform administrative and certain clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, and coding information for insurance purposes. The clinical duties may include but not limited to taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, and administering medications as directed by physician.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
- Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, or information such as test results in medical records.
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician.
- Able to perform basic Phlebotomy task as Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing. Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, or physician’s instructions to patients. Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments or materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
- Authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies.
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean.
- Clean and sterilize instruments and dispose of contaminated supplies.
- Schedule appointments for patients, if available Greet and log in patients to the EMR system arriving at office.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms. Inventory and order medical, lab, or office supplies or equipment. Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
- Set up medical laboratory equipment. Operate x-ray, electrocardiogram (EKG), or other equipment to administer routine diagnostic tests.
- Bilingual preferred.